OKAN SMSI Ypres
Eigenheerd Street 8
Tel. +32 (0)57 20 05 41
bike to school
Those who come to school by bicycle can park their bikes in our bicycle parking area. Remember to wear a fluorescent jacket and bike helmet? This is how we work together for safety!
F37 Ypres - Roeselare
Between Ypres and Roeselare, you’ll cycle most of the way along the pleasant Stroroute, a former railroad that has been converted into a green bicycle route.
F381 Ypres - Poperinge
The F381 follows the route of the N308 between Ypres and Poperinge. It is a straight route and cyclists have the right of way.
F372 Ypres - Menen
The Ieper-Menen bicycle highway (F372) runs through Tulpenlaan and Bijlanderpad in Ypres to the Ypres-Komen canal. At the level of Kasteelhoekstraat in Hollebeke, cross the railroad line to follow the canal again. Flirting along the border with Wallonia and France, this bicycle highway provides the connection between Ypres and Menin.
F381 Ypres - Kortemark
The F351 or Free Forest Route is a bicycle highway along an old railroad bed. The Vrijbos route takes you through an idyllic landscape past Staden and Langemark-Poelkapelle to Boezinge. There you can bike along the Ypres Leie Canal all the way to Ypres.
F38 Ypres - Veurne
The construction of this bicycle highway goes along with how the N8 will be laid out in the future. Thus, this bicycle highway will have many assets for increased bicycle traffic in this region in the future.
We encourage travel by public transportation. Our schools are very well accessible by bus, with x lines connecting Ypres to several cities.
Line 1 - Center bus IEper
The center bus (Line 1) runs daily between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., starting at 10 a.m. on Sundays. The bus runs a route every 15 minutes with stops at the station, Oudstrijderslaan, Rijselstraat and Grote Markt.
A ride on the center bus costs 0.50 euros, for those who do not have another ticket. Payment is via SMS or M-ticket (1 euro for round trip).
- 40 Ypres-Torhout (Staden, Wijfwegen, Poelkapelle, Langemark, Boezinge)
- 94 Ypres-Roeselare (Moorslede, Passendale, Zonnebeke, Beselare)
- 95 Ypres-Roeselare (Westrozebeke, Poelkapelle, Madonna, Langemark, St.-Juliaan, St.-Jan)
- 89 Ypres-Komen (Zandvoorde, Houtem, Hollebeke, Zillebeke)
- 84 Ypres-Mouscron (Rekkem, Menen, Geluwe, Kruiseke, Beselare, Geluveld, Bellewaerde)
- 72 Ypres-Le Bizet (Ploegsteert, Messines, Wijtschate, St.-Elooi, Voormezele)
- 70 Ypres-Nieuwkerke (Wulvergem, Dranouter, Kemmel, Voormezele)
- 20 Ypres-Diksmuide (Merkem, Jonkershove, Bikschote, Zuidschote, Boezinge)
- 60 Ypres-Poperinge-Abeele (Vlamertinge)
- 71 Ypres- Dranouter (Loker, De Klijte, Dikkebus)
- 50 Ypres-Veurne (Oostvleteren, Woesten, Elverdinge, Brielen)
- 51 Ypres-Poperinge-Roesbrugge (Woesten, Elverdinge, Brielen)
Our school is 250m (3 min walk) from the Ypres train station.
- Every hour 1 IC train to/from Poperinge
- Every hour 1 IC train from/to Menen – Kortrijk
- Every morning and evening 1 additional P-train to/from Poperinge
- Every morning and evening 1 extra P-train from/to Menen – Kortrijk
Although we encourage everyone to come to school by public transportation or bicycle, we are also perfectly accessible by car.
In the nearby streets you can park with the parking disc (max. 2 hours).
Please note that our school is located on a school street. This includes not entering the street with a motorized vehicle on school days at school start and end. At the beginning of the street, illuminated signs will indicate when people are not allowed to enter the street. In addition, parking there is reserved for residents.
Free parking in the peripheral parking lots
- Colaert Square
- Minne Square